After discovering the beer kit my father's friend gave him, FrecklesFly discovered this beer kit sitting way back in the corner of my parents' pantry. There was no expiry date, but to my best guess this kit dates back to a time when my father was still in college or university. I googled up the name and not no matches.
The ingredients I used for this kit are:
- Olde England Lager Malt Extract (Barley Malt, Hops, Hop Extract)
- 1 kg (2.2 lbs) Dextrose
- 14 g Cooper Yeast (pitched into 1/2 gallons of weak wort - 1/2 cups of icing sugar approximately 30 minutes before pitching into wort)
- Spring Water - enough to brew 22.7 litres (6 U.S. gallons)
- 30:00 - Boiled Malt Extract and Dextrose.
- 00:00 - Transferred wort to fermenter.
- Original Gravity Reading - 1.022.
- Pitched in the yeast.
- Beer still fermenting
- Estimated alcohol content: 2.5%
- Bottled the beer, Final Gravity reading indicated alcohol content was approximately 2 to 3% ABV.